Friday, December 3, 2021

COLDER THAN A WITCH’S TIT

 



OK, PERHAPS I SHOULD HAVE SAID - COLDER THAN A NAKED MAN IN A BRASS JOCK-STRAP.

  

The fact is It’s fucking cold outside. 




 

We had an inch of snow, followed by rain that froze the world here in western Maine.   My steps, the driveway and the road are all glazed ice.   The temps aren’t that bad, only about twenty-eight degrees; but there is a steady 35-40 mile-per-hour wind blowing from the north, keeping the flag next door straight out.

 

So how cold is it. 

 

 


 

Here is a Wind Chill Chart printed by NOAA.  


If you live anywhere in the north-country you will find it interesting.   However, if you live in the north-country it won’t make any difference: we deal with it.

 

The Ol’Buzzard

 

 

 


7 comments:

  1. Ice is THE WORST. Falls are so dangerous for people our age.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ice worries me when I am walking to dog. I expect to be towed along on my face.
    So far no snow or ice, just temps up and down like Mary's pants at a picnic, and enough rain to keep things damp and miserable

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't want ice or snow but something cooler than 80 degs would be nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's 70 today n in 80's by this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I was in the Air Force at Bangor is when I first heard of "Wind Chill". Then we had a chart with wind speed and temp and it was grouped into chill factors. Haven't a chart like that since.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When we lived in Seattle a local radio station had as question of the day, "How cold was it?"

      One answer was , "It was so cold all the witches were wearing padded bras." The DJ said they tell me this is funny but I don't know why.

      Delete

COMMENT: Ben Franklin said, "I imagine a man must have a good deal of vanity who believes, and a good deal of boldness who affirms, that all doctrines he holds are true, and all he rejects are false."