Sunday, September 26, 2021

HARD BOILED EGGS

 


 

I love eggs.  I love fried eggs, poached eggs, scrambled eggs, hard boiled eggs, stuffed eggs and egg salad.   But peeling hard boiled eggs has always been a pain in my ass.

I have tried numerous suggestions and none of them has ever been completely reliable. 

Every thing I know I learned from books.  I always read manuals: Chilton Auto manuals, electronic manuals, product manuals and survival manuals, aircraft manuals and weapons manuals – I learned carpentry, plumbing, electrical wiring, hunting, fishing and camping from books. 

Now I go to YouTube.  

 

 


 

I tried this and two out of six eggs pealed easily the other four didn’t.  The two that pealed easily were white eggs the four that didn’t were brown eggs.  Brown eggs seem to have a thicker shell.   Perhaps it is not the procedure, but the color of the eggs? 

 

the Ol’Buzzard

 


4 comments:

  1. Yes, why some hard boiled eggs peel easily and others don't is one of The Great Mysteries of the World!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steam your eggs! I've been doing it for years. Bring about 3/4 inch water to a boil. Place eggs in streamer basket, put into pot, cover and let steam 12-13 minutes. Place eggs into ice water for 3-5 min. Peel. Also older eggs peel easier than fresh. I rarely have a problem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like over easy the best but when Tanya boils eggs, I whack the top off and eat it out of the shell with a spoon. Peeling is too fiddley for me. Tanya peels hers and for salads etc too. She is pretty adept.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I roll the egg till shell is broke all over 99% of the time it peels perfectly.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT: Ben Franklin said, "I imagine a man must have a good deal of vanity who believes, and a good deal of boldness who affirms, that all doctrines he holds are true, and all he rejects are false."