Saturday, January 16, 2021

FIXING THE SNOW PLOW

 




 

We get fixated by things we have no control over.  The insurrection that has happened this week has absorbed my wife and me.   We have been glued to the television and ranting about the Republican Party of Donald Trump – but to no avail. 

 

This morning I read the blog of Yooper Has Left Crackerland.   He lives somewhat off the grid in northern Michigan on the upper peninsula, and posted about having to fix his snow plow that he depends on for access to the outside world.  

 

This reminded me that life goes on.   I got early up this morning and fed the cats.  My wife was still in bed so I worked out on my Total Gym.   I spent some time reading and then had a good crap.   I put on a white bread recipe in my new Cuisinart bread machine.  Now my wife is up, we will have breakfast and life will go on – not from outrage at insurrection to resolution – but just go on.

 

Sometimes fixing the snow plow is the most important thing you can do in that day.  


We are living our daily routine isolated during a deadly pandemic, and fixating over things we have no control over is not healthy.  The outcome of our political disquiet will be what it will be.  We should probably keep that noise in the background and just focus on fixing the snow plow.

 

the Ol’Buzzard

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

http://mannikko.blogspot.com/2021/01/nice-day-to-work-on-plowtruck.html


3 comments:

  1. yup. I got a robot vacuum cleaner, it's better than a cat. It's very entertaining and fun to watch and it doesn't shit it a box or have to be fed. Life goes on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're not off the grid, but we can see where it ends.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT: Ben Franklin said, "I imagine a man must have a good deal of vanity who believes, and a good deal of boldness who affirms, that all doctrines he holds are true, and all he rejects are false."