Sunday, October 11, 2020

THE BUDDHIST ANSWER TO DONALD TRUMP

 





 

Five hundred years before the birth of Christianity, the Buddha was preaching that dissatisfaction in our daily existence would cause our life to be like a wheel out of balance: Dukkha.

 

The basic premise of Buddhism is known as the Four Truths.   

1.      There will always be conditions in life that we have no control over.

2.     If we obsess on these conditions, we will be despondent.

3.     We must acknowledge to ourselves that these conditions are beyond our control.

4.      We must move on to focus on the beauty in the present day, the present life, and live it to the fullest in the NOW.

 

These Truths can be molded to fit many concerns in our Western society.   They are particularly relevant in the age of Trump and the coming election.  

 

Every voter, except the few morons seeking attention, have already made up their mind who they will vote for – it is in stone.   Nothing we can say, nothing Biden and Harris can say, nothing Trump can say is going to change anyone’s mind at this point.  We can only wait until November 3rd. and cast our vote.  The outcome will be what it will be.  What Trump does if he loses is beyond out control.   

 

So, it is time to turn off the daily, 24/7 outrageous Trump, Trump, Trump TV news programs.  We can stay abreast with news papers and online news without the saturation of TV, and move on to other activities more healthful.

 

Constant mental dishevel affects the physical body negatively.    A constant, daily diet of Trump is not good for any of us. 

the Ol’Buzzard

 


5 comments:

  1. I've been sticking to just reading books for the past few weeks while I was sick and it was so much better for me. The TV hasn't been on except to watch a movie or TV show. I'm a huge fan of only one reality show and that's Dr. Jeff Rocky Mountain Vet. I love animals. It's much better than watching MSNBC all day like I used to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so goddamn sick of Trump and his evil shenanigans that I could just puke. Ommmmmmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am hoping for a Trump-free world, but I rather doubt I will get one, even if (or when) he loses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. damn..all reasons for me to start drinking again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fortunately I do not watch TV and can skim through my emails and news feed as fast as I want "Do I really NEED to know this?" Buddha was a great teacher and his wisdom echos through the ages. Too bad that they made a religion of it. I have been to a few Buddhist temples in China and Mongolia. They have so little to do with the real Buddha.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT: Ben Franklin said, "I imagine a man must have a good deal of vanity who believes, and a good deal of boldness who affirms, that all doctrines he holds are true, and all he rejects are false."