Saturday, May 30, 2020

BASIL BREATH









I recently potted up a new basil plant for the kitchen window.  I used last years potting soil.  There were some sunflower seeds that mice had placed in the soil pack over the winter.   I removed them before adding to the basil pot, but evidently I overlooked one.   Now the basil plant has a sunflower growing from its pot.   I intend to leave it and see what happens.   





Our youngest cat likes to get up in the kitchen window and munch out on the basil leaves.   





Basal Breath


We have numerous names for both of our cats, and probably none are correct.  






I wonder what our cats have named us?
the Ol'Buzzard










5 comments:

  1. I think out cat has named me "hey you"...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an interesting question. I also wonder sometimes what our dogs have named us. "Fud Givr Pursin" is probably one,"Nys Scrachr Pursin" is another.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, extra note here. I wondered if the makers of Cats ever thought of doing CGI instead of using actors. I think it could have made for a better movie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Basil Breath" is lovely instead of "Tuna Breath."

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT: Ben Franklin said, "I imagine a man must have a good deal of vanity who believes, and a good deal of boldness who affirms, that all doctrines he holds are true, and all he rejects are false."