Tuesday, October 15, 2019

THE HITCHHIKERS GUIDE TO THE GALAXY

Image result for the hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy






The world of politics is absolutely exhausting.  An incompetent President and complicit Republican Party, along with twenty-four-seven news, warning of impending disaster…



While back in my real world I just finished building a new set of back porch steps, I have changed the oil in my snow blower and stored my lawn mower away for the year.   My fire wood is in, my oil and LP gas tank are filled: winter is coming…


I tell myself I shouldn’t be concerned about the disintegrations of the country I have known for eight decades, because I am not going to live into the dystopian future.   So, it can all go to hell in a handbag; and it is someone’s else’s problem. 



Image result for 1984



Riding through the foot hills of western Maine today was existing in a world of such vivid color that my sensory synapses were almost overloaded.   What a gorgeous place to live in. 





  







Thursday, a rain and wind storm will come through our area and the trees will be stripped bare.   It won’t be long until the first virgin snow covers the land turning the world to black and white.


What a downer listening to the news.


Individual.   Society.   Individual.   Society.   Individual.  Society. 



What a cluster fuck society is: a social disorder of sound and fury signifying nothing. 


I am really pleased with my new back steps.

the Ol'Buzzard








3 comments:

  1. You are living in an area that is semi cut off from the world's problems. You are lucky. I try to stay grounded by staying away from the news but David always drags me back in with emails and conversation about the Angry Orange Talking Head.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember what Henry David Thoreau said -- "Read not the times, read the eternities."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exactly! All we can do is vote (and maybe donate a little money) but if you love, not just the country, but Democracy, it's hard to sit idly by.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT: Ben Franklin said, "I imagine a man must have a good deal of vanity who believes, and a good deal of boldness who affirms, that all doctrines he holds are true, and all he rejects are false."