Tuesday, August 20, 2019

GREENLAND IS TRUMP’S NEW DISTRACTION FROM THE ECONOMIC DOWNTURN HE HAS CAUSED.




THULE AIR BASE - GREENLAND






Trump is talking about buying Greenland.   He is saying that to distract from his trouble with the economic downturn.   He would like people to think it has to do with national security: a place for a future military base.   Actually, we already have an Air Force base in Thule, Greenland; and have had that base since the 1940’s

I am retired Navy.   During the early sixties I was attached to the anti-submarine warfare squadron VP-26 out of Brunswick, Maine.




I flew as a Combat Air Crew member of Crew-4,  on a P2V - Neptune bombers.




We blanketing the North Atlantic, searching for Soviet submarines and tracking surface shipping.    

A few years before I was attached to VP-26, a sister squadron lost an aircraft with seven crew members somewhere on the Greenland icecap.  All of the VP squadrons from Brunswick and the Air Force squadrons out of Thule searched for weeks, but never found the downed aircraft and crew. 

Somewhere, frozen into the ice cap of Greenland, is a U.S. Navy P2V-Neptune bomber with seven crew members.  As the ice melts back, perhaps someday we can recover my brothers in flight.

That is what I think of, when I think of Greenland.

the Ol’Buzzard



1 comment:

COMMENT: Ben Franklin said, "I imagine a man must have a good deal of vanity who believes, and a good deal of boldness who affirms, that all doctrines he holds are true, and all he rejects are false."