Friday, May 31, 2019

INTELLIGENT DESIGN










My wife and I are somewhat reclusive.   As such, our opinions on matters are viewed through our personal prism: our backgrounds, our experiences and our personal prejudices. 
 

But I must admit I was shocked, when I ran across an educated man – a medical doctor – that espouses a belief in intelligent design.
    

Of all people in the world you would think a medical doctor could see the glaring deficiency in believing an infallible architect deity would be responsible for the design of the female body. 


Females are the ultimate beauty.    Their features, their movements and their aura are intoxicating.    But after that the design falters.  


What kind of an incompetent deity could design the outer structure so perfectly, then screw up so badly in the infrastructure?   You would have to believe this magical designer started putting the female together, and then lost interest before the job was completed.
  

The problems begin in young womanhood: one week out of every month the body has to reboots: often beginning with weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth, and ending with a bio-hazardous discharge resulting in abdominal pain, general discomfort and breast tenderness.  Women regularly suffer from vaginal infections, urinary track infections and uteri infections.  Twenty percent of all women will require a hysterectomy before age forty.  Then there is the physical distortion of pregnancy, the pain, the anxiety, and actual physical damage from giving birth.   As if that is not enough, there is menopause to look forward to: hot flashes, night sweats, abdominal pain…


If you bought an automobile that had that many problems, you would return it for a refund claiming the lemon law. 


Though I do not believe in an infallible creator, I do believe in magic; and women are the personification of magic.   There are magical secrets passed down through virgin, mother and crone that can beguile males of the species.   The resilience of women facing physical difficulties as they age, results in matriarchs that are the strength of the family unit.


I absolutely adore my wife.  To me she is the most beautiful creature that ever walked this earth; but I feel sorry for her for a physical design that often results in her pain and discomfort. When I go with her into doctor’s offices, the waiting rooms are full of women who would attest, that if their bodies are the result of intelligent design, then the standard for intelligence must be extremely low. 



the Ol'Buzzard





3 comments:

  1. Buzz;

    I enjoyed your essay today! On a serious note, it is actually unfortunately common for a lot of folks of all persuasions to think ID is the explanation.

    In regards to the female form, I think that you have a point about the challenges women face... but the counterpoint is how amazing their capabilities are as well.... far superior to male capabilities.

    PipeTobacco

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed your post. Just on the topic of doctors, I must say that when I see a doctor who goes into politics, they almost always reveal themselves to be complete idiots who should not be trusted to lay one finger on any rein of power. It's almost enough to make me lose faith in the medical profession.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What makes me wonder how much cheating certain doctors went through to get that degree. Many are complete idiots.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT: Ben Franklin said, "I imagine a man must have a good deal of vanity who believes, and a good deal of boldness who affirms, that all doctrines he holds are true, and all he rejects are false."