Wednesday, April 25, 2018

ABANDON ALL HOPE YE WHO ENTER HERE











After reading Dan Brown’s Inferno I had to read Dante’s Divine Comedy:  I got through Inferno and half way through the second section, Purgatorio, but then Stalled out.




I am not sure why I picked up the book Damned by Chuck Palahniuk, but it turned out to be a parody of Dante’s Inferno.   Except, instead of a Pilgrim, the traveler through Hell it is a dead, thirteen-year-old, precocious girl. 





The travel is spiced with sexual innuendos and some outright outrageous sexually specific scenes (not pedophilia.)    There are demons, and rivers and lakes containing various bodily fluids.  Not a read for the squeamish.



The travelers


A strange book.   It has hooked me.   I will read the sequel: Doomed.

the Ol'Buzzard



5 comments:

  1. Well, you did better than I did with The Divine Comedy. I don't think I made it off the first page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I recall the book "Inferno" by Larry Niven & Jerry Pournelle was a really good story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope. No. Not without a note. Hell no. I really did try to read The Divine Comedy and couldn't get past the tenth page. All I have to say is, don't even go there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't done much in the intratubes in the past year. Can't blame it all on the Cheato in the White House. Last Fall my laptop died and had to share a notebook with The Old Lady which meant I did very little online stuff. Early in March I got a new laptop and still haven't gotten back in the swing of things and yeah, the current politics don't help.
    Personally I don't want the Cheato impeached because Dollars and Pence or Lyin' Ryan would be worse as they know how to work the system!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How are you doing? It's been awhile...

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT: Ben Franklin said, "I imagine a man must have a good deal of vanity who believes, and a good deal of boldness who affirms, that all doctrines he holds are true, and all he rejects are false."