Friday, February 2, 2018

LOUD MOUTH AT LUNCH







My wife and I eat out a lot.   Any time we leave the house there is an eatery somewhere in our plan for the day.

I refuse to be seated next to a table with children.  There should be an adult section where you don’t have to pay for a meal and eat it next to a misbehaving child. 

I hate people that sit in a public restaurant and carry on a conversation in a stage voice.   It is also annoying to sit next to a table where one person just won’t shut up – they hold court and drone on and on – I feel sorry for the other people at their table – I think, for god’s sake take a mouthful and give everyone a break of dead air.

Two days ago, my wife had an appointment in Brunswick (Maine.)    The sea food restaurant we usually go to was closed, so we road fourteen miles out onto the islands to another seafood restaurant – but it was closed. 

If you ever come to Maine Cook's restaurant on Bailey's Island it the place to eat; but it was closed.
 

We hadn’t eaten since breakfast, so we stopped at a mall before heading back home and found a café that looked not fast food.   When we entered I knew we were making a mistake: Fox news was playing on the large TV over the bar.  We ordered off the sea food menu and settled in.  Shortly, a loud mouth came in and stated for all to hear that he voted for Trump.  Every comment after that was intended for the whole restaurant.  On top of that, the food was bad, and the bill came to fifty dollars.

Sometimes you just have to write off a day as bad news.

The Ol’Buzzard 




3 comments:

  1. I feel your pain! I commute by bus from southern NH to Boston every day for work. We experience the "loud mouth", the "non-stopper", the "opinionator" way, way too often. What I really love is when two strangers sit together and start talking - and they give each other so much personal information! If I were a crook, I'd make mega bucks from all that info! Sorry about the restaurant, didn't think there was such a thing as bad seafood in Maine! Will have to add Cook's to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life is made up of good days & bad days, with luck you forget the day ones pretty darn quick!
    Your bad day sounds like one that will be forgotten by the time you write your next blog or have a great lunch out!

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT: Ben Franklin said, "I imagine a man must have a good deal of vanity who believes, and a good deal of boldness who affirms, that all doctrines he holds are true, and all he rejects are false."