Friday, October 20, 2017

HALLOWEEN VIEWING







At this time of year my wife and I break out the old DVD’s and VCR’s of our favorite spooky movies.   We watch various versions of The Legend of Sleepy Hollow – including animated Disney version and the Johnny Depp.   We watch The Witches with Anjelica Huston and Hocus Pocus with Beete Midler. 


My favorite is Fearless Vampire Killers or Pardon Me but Your Teeth Are In My Neck.   This movie has so many subtle aping of the genera that I feel it should be a classic.   





 One of my favorite scenes is the Jewish Inn keeper that has been turned into a vampire comes back to the Inn to attack the serving girl.   She holds up a cross and he replys, Boy do you have the wrong vampire.  





There are numerous vampire movies with lesbian vampires, but this is the first with a gay male vampire.









The fearless hunters.



The scenery is authentic. 






The vampire ball








I know there is a stigma attached to Roman Polanski and Sharon Tate; but that aside this is well worth seeing. 


the Ol'Buzzard

7 comments:

  1. I can't help but wonder if the Manson bunch saw The Fearless Vampire Killers. Not sure what that means, but it does come to mind.

    The Vampire Ball. Festive vampires...who'd a thunk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a kid that really didn't like Hocus Pocus, it gave him nightmares. All the rest of the kids loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband has been watching old horror movies on Turner Classic Movies, as well as his own collection of DVDs. He loves the old Hammer Films. I generally sit with my laptop, or go do something else ! -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My wife is on her laptop while I, like your husband, am watching the old Hammer films.
      the Ol'Buzzard

      Delete
  4. I remember when I was in my teens, my sisters and I would watch the Halloween Scary Movie Bash. Mostly vampire movies like The Vampire Killers. That was a funny campy movie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. remember all the classic horror stories from 60's that featured Barbara Steele? damn I loved those..and Hocus Pocus is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT: Ben Franklin said, "I imagine a man must have a good deal of vanity who believes, and a good deal of boldness who affirms, that all doctrines he holds are true, and all he rejects are false."