We are caught in a tsunami of Pope mania. It is easy to forget that the Pope represents a religion that imposes a broad cavern between perceived reality and what is actually real.
We now live in a world where the socio-religious would impose their dogma on all mankind. The purpose of the Catholic Church (and all religions) is to consolidate ignorance under the banner of immortality. If life after death doesn’t exist there is no reason for religion; so the Catholic Church deals with death by abolishing it.
Twenty percent of the world in Christian and sixty percent of that world is Catholic; and for that Catholic majority the Pope is the direct, infallible representative of God.
It was Popes that instituted the Inquisition from 1231 to 1820. Millions were tortured by the Catholic Church and died horrible deaths, including many scientific notables at the hands of the inquisition.
God has released his wrath and then changed his mind many time with the succession of Popes. Even in the last century Pope Pius XII supported the Nazi rounding up and imprisonment of Jews.
Now this Pope is expounding somewhat limited liberal ideals. Along with addressing climate change he also states that women who have had abortions and homosexuals may not go to hell if they return to the church and confess their sins – not well received by much of the misogynistic Catholic clergy that believe Eve was responsible for original sin and homosexuality is an abomination.
The Catholic Church, which this Pope represents, requires blind faith and allegiance.
The Churches’ doctrines are:
- A belief in the virgin birth and other outlandish miracles.
- The veneration of human sacrifice and transubstantiation.
- Sexual suppression – opposition to birth control…
- Female phobia – dictating female reproduction policies…
- A promise of resurrection and an afterlife.
- The repression of logic and suppression of scientific enquiry – stem cell research...
- Intolerance, bigotry and pious outrage – organize opposition to gay rights initiatives.
- Expounding a belief in Gods, angles and demons. Now, in the twenty-first century, the Catholic Church still has a group priest especially trained to perform exorcisms on the mentally ill.
Religion thrives in the absence of reason. The greater the absurdity the stronger the beliefs.
This new Pope is expounding some liberal ideas, but saying that women who have had abortions and gays may return to The Church is the equivalent of the evil witch of fairy tales that eats children sending flowers and candy packages to pregnant women. He is still the representative of a repressive and indoctrinating religion defending twelfth century dogma in a twenty-first century world.