Saturday, March 23, 2013

A BUZZARD EGG OMELET #20



STAND YOUR GROUND




Yesterday evening I was taking my wife out for supper at a unique restaurant about thirty miles north. We were traveling at the speed limit on a two lane road that still had a dusting for fresh snow. In my rear view mirror I could see a pick-up and behind the pick-up a small black car approaching fast. An oncoming car crested the hill and I was sure the small black car would slow and stay behind the pick-up, but instead he accelerated passing both the pick-up and our car while crossing a solid yellow line – just getting back to the right lane before the oncoming car closed the distance.


I have been against the Stand Your Ground laws passed in many southern and western states; but, I think I would support one in Maine if they included vehicular traffic. That way when some ass-hole endangered you on the highway you could lower your window and shoot at him.


You know, perhaps that is one way motorcycle riders could get some respect.



the Ol’Buzzard

1 comment:

  1. OB,
    Come on Chief, get the asshole's tag number and call the Maine State Police. I was passing a long line of semis on I-70W west of INDY whwn I had a asshole in behind me sitting on my back bumper blaring his horn. When I finally was able to get over into the right lane the asshole blared his horn again as he raced by.
    Unfortunately for the asshole - he had a three letter designer tag and I called the ISP - they connected me to the post at Putnamville - Just off I-70, and they sent a tropper out to nail his ass. Traffic was light and I was able to slow down and honk my horn as I went by him and the trooper.

    No rounds down range in anger on a highway - You might hit someone else...


    Bests,


    Sarge

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT: Ben Franklin said, "I imagine a man must have a good deal of vanity who believes, and a good deal of boldness who affirms, that all doctrines he holds are true, and all he rejects are false."