Sunday, November 20, 2011

TIME TO PUT THE BIKE AWAY


The optimist thinks his glass is half full; the pessimist thinks her glass is half empty: the realist thinks he should use a smaller glass.

It is a bummer being a realist: knowing that point c logically comes after points a and b, takes away the amazement of discovery.

When the leaves start to turn I put in my wood supply, change the oil in my truck, store my lawnmower, put in a new plug and change to oil in my snow blower, and at the last possible minute add gas stabilizer to my motorcycle and pull the battery and store it under the sink in the bathroom: With a feeling of regret I took care of the bike today.



I have friends that seem absolutely astonished at the first snow fall – it’s like they didn’t realize winter would come this year.

the Ol'Buzzard



4 comments:

  1. Sharp looking rig there. Looks like it is babied and fussed over. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know when I have to start wearing socks again that it's bearing down on us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the weather has been so weird here..got down to 24 one night..but mostly it's still in the 80's..and been sultry and humid..damn near dec and it's still fecking summer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Having sense to prepare for it is good. My father always said that he wasn't ready for last winter yet.
    Colder than a mother-in-law's kiss in Kazakhstan (actually not, it was normal weather but I am spoiled from living in Ukraine). Only thing that gets me through winter is the knowledge that every day is a day closer to April.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT: Ben Franklin said, "I imagine a man must have a good deal of vanity who believes, and a good deal of boldness who affirms, that all doctrines he holds are true, and all he rejects are false."